In anticipation of the upcoming storm, please see the information below provided by the Red Cross, JCP&L and First Energy
The American Red Cross recommends the preparation of a portable three day kit with the following supplies:
- Water - one gallon per person, per day.
- Food - non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items such as tuna fish, peanut butter, crackers, and canned fruit. Make sure to include a manual can opener.
- A battery-powered or hand-crank radio, flashlight and plenty of extra batteries. A first aid kit.
- Prescription and non-prescription medication items. Include medical supplies like extra hearing aid batteries, syringes, etc.
- Copies of important documents, including birth certificates, insurance policies and social security cards.
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items.
- Extra cash. ATMs and credit cards won’t work if the power is out.
- Special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members.
- One blanket or sleeping bag per person.
- Pet supplies (collar, leash, ID, food, carrier, bowls).
For more information about hurricane preparedness, visit: www.redcross.org. For smart phone users, download the American Red Cross Hurricane App.
To Report Power Outages Call:
FirstEnergy: 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877)
PSE&G: 1 800-436-PSEG
Downed wires should immediately be called in to your electric company or local police or fire department. Customers should never go near a downed power line.